Routers and switches are often the hidden components of any given data network, but they are no less important than any other device. Choosing the correct routing and switching components will have direct impact on the speed, reliability and security of your network. Some of the factors to consider when choosing the proper switches for your business are:
- Number of ports – How many networked devices are there in your network?
- PoE – Do you need your switch to power the phones attached to it?
- VoIP – Does your phones system use internet for its connection, or do you envision moving to that option in the future?
- Network Speed – What is the proper speed for your network?
- Performance & uptime
- Ease of setup, integration & management
- What kind of warranty is offered by the manufacturer?